Thank you so much to everyone who came out to the Gap today! We had some great riders, amazing volunteers, and a fun event. Even better, we managed to raise a good bit of money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Way to go!
For those interested, here is the link to the results over at Cadence Sports: Tour de Gap 2016 Results
Go ahead and save the date for Tour de Gap 2017, July 22, 2017. We hope to see you back at the Gap!
Before you head out to the Gap, here are a few things to remember:
- Online registration is closed, but you can still register Saturday morning at the venue from 6:30-7:45. Cost is $40. Please bring cash or check. Big Brothers Big Sisters is not set up to take credit or debit cards at the venue.
- Helmets are required for every rider, even kids in a trailer.
- Packet pickup will be from 6:30-7:45 am. Please make sure you get there in plenty of time to get your timing chip, rider packet, etc. Line-up and pre-ride announcements will begin at 7:45, so you will need to be done with packet pickup by that time.
- If you have ridden in the Tour de Gap in the last decade, you know that we have had breakfast burritos available after your ride. This year, the burritos will not be there. Instead, several local food trucks will be set up ready to sell their food by 9 am. Bring some money for breakfast/lunch and plan to relax after your ride while waiting on swag raffles.
- BikeTown is donating a Swagman Titan 2 bike two arm receiver rack for a ticket raffle. This bike rack retails for $210. Tickets for a chance to win the bike rack are $2 each or 3 tickets for $5. Bring some cash, buy a raffle ticket, and maybe go home with a new bike rack! All proceeds go to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Hold on to your rider number after your ride and put it into the swag raffle for your route. BikeTown will be giving away numerous items. Stick around after the ride for your chance to win! (You do have to be present to win swag.)
- For those of you coming from out of town, there will be a voucher in your rider packet that will get you into Abilene State Park to use their showers if you want to clean up before driving home.
If you have any questions that aren’t answered on this site, send an email to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see you at the Gap!
Online registration will stay open until tonight, July 21, at 11:45 pm. Cost to register online is $30. If you miss the online deadline, you can still register at the venue the day of the event. The cost will go up to $40 for day-of registration. If you register the day of the event, please bring cash or check. Big Brothers Big Sisters is not set up to take credit or debit cards at the venue. Children 14 and under ride free with a paying adult regardless of when they are registered. They do have to be registered and receive a number and timing chip, however. Packet pick up will happen Saturday morning from 6:30 till 7:45 at the venue. All riders will receive a bag with their ride number, schedule, route map, t-shirt, and items from our sponsors. Some sponsors have included coupons so you’ll want to make sure and look through everything. The registration, packet pick up area, and timing chip pick up will shut down at 7:45 am. Please arrive well before that time so that you can have everything finished by 7:45. We will be starting the ride promptly at 8.
Tour de Gap is located at the Old Settlers’ Reunion Grounds in Buffalo Gap, TX, just a few miles south of Abilene. Coming from Abilene, head south on FM 89 (Buffalo Gap Road). Once FM 18 enters Buffalo Gap, the road will make some sharp turns. On the second sharp right, where FM 89 becomes Vine Street, do not follow the road to the right. Instead, go left into the Old Settlers’ Reunion Grounds. The Tour de Gap registration area and start line are bordered by Vine Street, East Street, Cherry Street, and Ranch Road 89. It is just to the east of Jim Ned Elementary. Here is a link to a map of Buffalo Gap: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=jim+ned+elementary+buffalo+gap+tx&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jim+ned+elementary+buffalo+gap&hnear=Texas&hl=en&view=map&cid=4756242910837266133&iwloc=A&ved=0CBoQpQY&sa=X&ei=hP0bTJ-OAo_gyASXqKiWDw
Just a reminder that helmets are required for everyone riding in the Tour de Gap, even children in trailers. Also, Big Brothers Big Sisters is not set up to take credit or debit cards at the event, so if you register the day of the event at the venue, please bring cash or check.
For any event like this, there are many important behind-the-scenes people that make the event possible. In Tour de Gap’s case, our sponsors are some of those important people. Without their funds and products, Tour de Gap wouldn’t happen. Please, please, please take some time to check out the sponsors that are listed on the right side of this site. Go ahead and click over to their websites. If you’re local, make sure and give them some of your business. If you’re not local, stop by and visit some of them before you leave town.
If you’re going to ride the Gap, you will want the shirt to prove you did it! To guarantee you get the size shirt you want, make sure and register online by tomorrow night, July 12. Everyone who rides will get a shirt, but those who register by tomorrow are guaranteed their chosen size. After that, it’s first come, first served. Sometimes it pays to be an early bird. Here’s the link to the registration page:
Tour de Gap 2016 Registration
Well, it’s more like hills here. Did you see this spectator for today’s stage of the Tour? You don’t have to be able to climb like a mountain goat for our Tour de Gap, but we do have some challenging and fun climbs on each route. Hurry up and register, you’ll save money, and guarantee your correct size of T-shirt. Only 16 days to go! Bikereg.
Only 18 days away, the Fourth Saturday in July is coming up fast! As always, the Tour de Gap will be a fun and family-friendly bike ride, whether you’re speedy or not so speedy. With a route for people of all abilities, the Tour is a chance to try out a distance you’re comfortable with and stretch a bit!
This year we are introducing a new beneficiary partner, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Texas.
Remember, a Tour de Gap tradition is that kids 14 and under can ride for free if they’re accompanied by an adult with a regular registration. So that makes it an event for the whole family.
With support from our title sponsor Biketown on site, everyone will be ready for the starting line. And with four great food trucks present, you can have breakfast or lunch under the shade of the pavilion or centuries-old oak trees.
To register, go to Bikereg.com. Bikereg is the leading place to register for endurance events.
Introducing something new at this year’s Tour de Gap July 23: you’ll be able to purchase breakfast or lunch from several of our area’s most popular Food Trucks. We’re hosting:
- 1881 Food Truck
- Cajun Cones
- 5-C Smokehouse
- Rock’n Roller’z
So show up a little earlier than usual, and definitely stay around for the prizes to be awarded, so you and the family can grab a bite at one of these great places. We’ll have tables and chairs for a relaxing time under the cool centuries-old oak trees at the Old Settlers Reunion Grounds in Buffalo Gap. Time to register is now for the 34th annual Tour!